The judges will pay close attention to:
- the quality, stitching and finish of fabric
- the choice of structural materials such as foam, worbla, wood or cardboard and the way they were treated
- the detail put into crafting the decorations and trimmings
- the overall techniques used and the originality of ideas applied in the costume
- the quality of the wigs, wig-styling, props, customised shoes and makeup
A costume which was not fully handmade will have its customised elements scored as per the above list while the rest of it will get marked according to how much effort was put into collecting the appropriate parts and pieces.
Accuracy – 40%
The judges will be checking how faithful your costume, hair, make-up and props are to the character you’re cosplaying as.
Important things to look for are:
- Material and textures
Presentation – 20%
The goal of cosplay is to look as much like your cosplay character as possible, this includes body motions, poses and phrases you say. Those who act in character will score higher than those who do not.